Come, Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of Your faithful people and enkindle in us the fire of Your love. Send forth Your Spirit and we shall be created. Give us your wisdom and discernment. Amen.
Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
We are now in the season of Lent. A time of focusing on where Jesus was willing to go for us. A time when we become more mindful of, not only Jesus’ journey, but ours. A time when we add Wednesdays at church into our schedule and turn our lives over to Jesus a little more each day. In a world that is overwhelmed by noise, confusion and busy schedules I would ask that you slow down for just an hour or two for self reflection and prayer. Come, Holy Spirit!
Many of you know we have a team of eight people who are in place to help us listen to one another and our community. My hope is that we will begin steeping ourselves in prayer all the more as we look for God’s direction for us at Bethel and the community around us. Sharing openly about where we have been and becoming excited about where God is leading us is extremely important during this time. We, as a congregation, belong to God and we are renewing our commitment to Christ to serve Him with open hearts. Come, Holy Spirit!
There are upcoming dates and times to be written on your calendars and our hope will be that you take seriously your participation. There will be more information in this newsletter so take note of everything.
- Throughout Lent we are participating in the 40 Days of Giving through ELCA World Hunger. There are Study Guides and a daily calendar that can be picked up in the narthex (right before you enter the sanctuary).
- On March 15 there will be a healing service during worship at both services. We will have a Potluck and a time to share about the history of Bethel with a TIMELINE! In a fun way we can remember who we are and where we have come from. The Potluck will begin around 12:30. What a great time to learn about one another through stories and open sharing.
- Wednesday Evening Lenten Worship at 7:00 P.M. with Soup and Salad before hand at 6:00 P.M. The theme this year for Lent Resurrection Revelations. Hear from Peter, a person who was martyred for his faith, the women around Christ and others!
- We will be hosting, with Cindy Robles’ help, a few DOUBTER’S DINNERS, you will be able to sign up to participate. Gathering together with others from our congregation and maybe friends from our community as we get to know one another through questions and discussion. Look to sign-up soon.
- Opportunity to grow spiritually through a description of CHRIST IN THE PASSOVER on Friday, April 3 at 7:00 P.M.. Missionary Will Rosenberg from Jews for Jesus will share with us the connection we have through the Passover. There will be samples for us to eat together as the story of the exodus comes to life with the fulfillment in the Last Supper. You will need to sign-up for this wonderful event.
- Look for information on an upcoming Prayer Vigil and more events where we focus on connecting with Christ, each other and the community!